A Nice, But Sickly Christmas
Well Christmas has come and gone, and I was in bed the whole time. Let me just say, being sick and pregnant is not a nice combo. I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say, I couldn't keep ANYTHING down. My poor baby. I felt like my body was wringing it like a rag as I heaved and baking it with my fever... ugh...but the doctor says she is fine. I had to go hear the heartbeat yesterday just to calm myself, and it still sounds strong! At least on the 23rd and the 26th we managed to get out of the house with my mom and dad who came to spend the holidays with us. They got to see the NYC Christmas sites at Rockafeller and the Macy's windows (they actually braved the crowds INSIDE Macy's, but I couldn't go that far!) And we had a fabulous meal at Blue Water Grill before they left, so it was still a lovely holiday despite my illin status.
Gerald and I in front of our tree

Mom and Dad at Rolf's, a great little German restaurant that wins the award for most Christmas decorations/square foot in New York. Unfortunately I will never be going there again because it was 4am after Rolf's when my sickness struck. So even it they aren't to blame, I may never eat a bratwurst again.
At the Blue Water Grill. And no, Gerald does not have a mustache; he actually has scruff all over, but for some reason you can't see the rest of it as clearly as the stash!


2 Comments:
At 5:09 PM,
Ro said…
I almost skipped over the last sentance in my rush to click the "Comment" button and ask why the hell Gerald was sporting a 'stash! :)
At 11:44 AM,
Anonymous said…
Okay - did I miss something? "She"? Is that just mother's instict, or do you know for sure?
Post a Comment
<< Home