NYmama

I never thought I would fall in love, get married, and have a baby miles away from my family and dearest friends, but it looks like that's the way its turning out! So I am expanding my horizons and creating a blog so I can share the laughs, cries, and many freak-me-out episodes of pregnancy along with all the other fun stuff going on at Chez Kean NYC with my southern fam and anyone else who is interested!

Friday, December 08, 2006

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving was spent with the Keans this year up in Massachusetts. We all have so much to be thankful for, this year especially. Of course our little bun in the oven is what I have thanked god for every single day since I found out I was pregnant. And as you saw from the last post, Jessica brought a new little bundle of joy into all our lives just a couple days after Thanksgiving. Rosemary and Jessica also threw me a fabulous baby shower where I got all sorts of wonderful gifts for the baby. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone for all the thoughtful, generous presents! I had a great time, and I think everyone else did too. I included some photos below of the beautiful table, the unbelievable cake, and of course me opening gifts. And finally, I must say, I am quite thankful for my very understanding parents in law who are storing so much of Gerald and I's junk its not even funny. In order to make room for all this great baby gear we have received, we have been taking car loads of excess stuff up to the Keans. Now, like parents everywhere, I am sure the Keans want to get rid of the trophys and text books that are filling their attic, but here we are adding even more to the mix. I guess its the type of stuff that we are storing that makes it bearable. At some point, we will actually want that stuff back, and having it in Boston means we are one step closer to actually moving to Boston so ..... welcome, stuff.

Gerald and I on Thanksgiving:


A Lovely Autumn Table and Amazing Cake At the Shower:



Lots of Great Gifts:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home