NYmama

I never thought I would fall in love, get married, and have a baby miles away from my family and dearest friends, but it looks like that's the way its turning out! So I am expanding my horizons and creating a blog so I can share the laughs, cries, and many freak-me-out episodes of pregnancy along with all the other fun stuff going on at Chez Kean NYC with my southern fam and anyone else who is interested!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

30 Weeks

I had a doctor's appointment today - the start of my 30th week. I'll have to get some new photos soon because I am getting BIG. My doctor says its no longer a bun in the oven, but a chicken... on its way to a turkey. She kills me. Apparently at 139 lbs, I am at a great weight and the baby seems to be the right size, so all is good. I think I am starting to waddle now. The doc says that happens because your pelvis is expanding in preparation for birth. It is just so amazing to me that nature has everything figured out. Another example: I also asked her if she could tell the baby's position at this point. She said that it is moving around every day right now. It's not big enough yet to have shifted into the "birthing" position of head down which it generally shifts into during the last month because the head is the heaviest part of the baby and gravity pulls it downward. I never thought of the fact that the obvious concept of gravity is why the baby gets in that position for birth. Nature does indeed take care of things for us, so I guess I shouldn't be to nervous about labor... Although I am. Gerald and I start child birth classes at the hospital next week, so I will let you know how scared I am after I see their videos of "in control labors" and "out of control labors". Should be very eye opening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home