The Pregnant Woman's Appetite
Wow! I have made it thus far not gaining much weight, but I realize now that was probably because I haven't really been that hungry so far. Well that is certainly changing... yesterday I was eating (or wanting to eat) all day! Here is how it progressed:
8 am at home, had a whole wheat english muffin with spray butter. Arrive at work at 9 and am already hungry; have a yogurt. 10:30, still hungry, have a granola bar
Come noon, I am fearing the people on my conference call can hear my stomach growl through the phone. I head out to lunch. Got $9 worth of veggies, salad, and a piece of broiled fish at the hot/cold salad bar (a normal lunch is a $7 plate at this place)
Amazingly, I go for 4 hours without food. But at 4:00, I need a snack so I got cookie from office bake sale; need to bring something healthy to keep in fridge.
At 7:00, I arrive home and am starving. I mean starving. I bowled over Gerald as he tried to greet me with a kiss to get to the refrig and get some food. No time for chatting. I heated up left over moo shoo chicken, and polished that off in no time flat. But hmm, still hungry. Wanted everything. Thought about everything. Some highlights of what I was envisioning: nachos, grilled cheese with pickles, popcorn, rice krispy treats (considered asking Gerald to go get the makings...) but settled on a somewhat healthy pb and j with a glass of milk.
9:00. Well, I really shouldn't eat any more, but am still not satisfied... luckily the ice cream in the fridg is low fat, so I can justify having a bowl.
Now that is a day of food.
And dare I admit, I woke up hungry?
8 am at home, had a whole wheat english muffin with spray butter. Arrive at work at 9 and am already hungry; have a yogurt. 10:30, still hungry, have a granola bar
Come noon, I am fearing the people on my conference call can hear my stomach growl through the phone. I head out to lunch. Got $9 worth of veggies, salad, and a piece of broiled fish at the hot/cold salad bar (a normal lunch is a $7 plate at this place)
Amazingly, I go for 4 hours without food. But at 4:00, I need a snack so I got cookie from office bake sale; need to bring something healthy to keep in fridge.
At 7:00, I arrive home and am starving. I mean starving. I bowled over Gerald as he tried to greet me with a kiss to get to the refrig and get some food. No time for chatting. I heated up left over moo shoo chicken, and polished that off in no time flat. But hmm, still hungry. Wanted everything. Thought about everything. Some highlights of what I was envisioning: nachos, grilled cheese with pickles, popcorn, rice krispy treats (considered asking Gerald to go get the makings...) but settled on a somewhat healthy pb and j with a glass of milk.
9:00. Well, I really shouldn't eat any more, but am still not satisfied... luckily the ice cream in the fridg is low fat, so I can justify having a bowl.
Now that is a day of food.
And dare I admit, I woke up hungry?


1 Comments:
At 11:14 AM,
Ellen said…
Hi Regina-
That sounds like my appetite, but I have no pregnancy to blame it on... Just 15+ hours of cardio a week!
You look FAB in that dress.
miss you, Ellen
Post a Comment
<< Home