Hormones Affect Your Brain
I owe my cousin Ruth a BIG apology for missing her baby shower this weekend. I simply cannot believe I missed it. All the reasons I should have been there (aside from the obvious one of sharing this wonderful occassion):
1) I RSVP 3 weeks ago
2) I have the invitation hanging on refrig so I see at least two times a day
3) I have had a nicely wrapped gift sitting on my dining room table for two weeks
4) I have the event in my calendar at work on the correct date
5) It was being held right around the corner from my house
Reason that I was not there:
I have hormones coursing through my brain that make me do really airheaded things like write on my HOME calendar that the event was the following weekend. And so, I was sitting at home on the couch while all the celebrating was going on.
The good news is, I will be in Boston for work next week, so I am hoping to catch some of Ruth's time to at least say I am sorry in person, give her a big hug and deliver my gift.
And for all of you thinking of getting pregnant, remember to write things down in at least 3-4 places or you'll be a complete mess.
1) I RSVP 3 weeks ago
2) I have the invitation hanging on refrig so I see at least two times a day
3) I have had a nicely wrapped gift sitting on my dining room table for two weeks
4) I have the event in my calendar at work on the correct date
5) It was being held right around the corner from my house
Reason that I was not there:
I have hormones coursing through my brain that make me do really airheaded things like write on my HOME calendar that the event was the following weekend. And so, I was sitting at home on the couch while all the celebrating was going on.
The good news is, I will be in Boston for work next week, so I am hoping to catch some of Ruth's time to at least say I am sorry in person, give her a big hug and deliver my gift.
And for all of you thinking of getting pregnant, remember to write things down in at least 3-4 places or you'll be a complete mess.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home