NYmama

I never thought I would fall in love, get married, and have a baby miles away from my family and dearest friends, but it looks like that's the way its turning out! So I am expanding my horizons and creating a blog so I can share the laughs, cries, and many freak-me-out episodes of pregnancy along with all the other fun stuff going on at Chez Kean NYC with my southern fam and anyone else who is interested!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Am I ready for Motherhood?

Every day I have a new emotion about my pending motherhood. Mostly I am excited, but I am also scared about the fact that EVERY MINUTE, this new life will be looking to me for guidance to determine what is right and what is wrong. It’s the EVERY MINUTE part of the above statement that scares me. What about all the mistakes I make? Ok, I have to stop with this serious line of thought because it freaks me out.

On to the more humorous aspects of motherhood… My sister Karin and her beau Phillip took their boys camping the other weekend. My nephew Mason was his normal self, playing out in the woods all day having the time of his life. After standing spread eagle at the edge of a lake fishing with nothing but swim trunks on, he comes back to the camp site with 25 (no exaggeration) ticks attached to I won’t say where, but suffice it to say, you wouldn’t want them there. So Karin proceeds to pluck the buggers off by the light of the camp fire. I am cracking up at this thought. Until I think this could be me. I guess its all in a days work! Am I ready for that?

Here is somewhat old snapshot of Mason in case you haven't met him:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home