Senses Going Awry
What is it about pregnancy that all of your senses go crazy?
Like tasting for instance (or better stated, the wanting to taste). I assumed the whole "cravings" thing was a wives tale, but I have to say there are days I would kill for an Italian sausage. And Italian Cookies - forget about it. If they were there, I would eat the entire plate. Thank god I don't live in the north end or I would have gained 100 lbs.
Smell. I was prepared to have a stronger sense of smell, but I wasn't prepared for what that meant walking the streets of NYC. I have a game I play on my walk to work, its called "how many times will I almost puke from the smell of urine". A good day is 1-2. A bad day, 4-5. I guess I should be glad I don't live in Paris anymore where I am sure the copious amounts of dog poop on the sidewalk must assault pregnant woman by the minute.
Hearing. Hmm, do I hear Italian cookies calling?
Touch. Now this is one I haven't read in the books, but my skin seems super sensitive these days. Every tag annoys the heck out of me and any clothes with wool drive me crazy. I guess it could be the stretching skin itching, and I am just perceiving it to be the clothes.
Sight. Does it count if I say the sight of my growing belly freaks me out? Because it does!
My good thing about NYC today is the coffee shop cafes that are all over. Not Starbucks, but cute little hole in the wall cafes where you get the flavor of the neighborhood. The one across the street from our apartment is owned by an Italian. So you know what I can get there....
Like tasting for instance (or better stated, the wanting to taste). I assumed the whole "cravings" thing was a wives tale, but I have to say there are days I would kill for an Italian sausage. And Italian Cookies - forget about it. If they were there, I would eat the entire plate. Thank god I don't live in the north end or I would have gained 100 lbs.
Smell. I was prepared to have a stronger sense of smell, but I wasn't prepared for what that meant walking the streets of NYC. I have a game I play on my walk to work, its called "how many times will I almost puke from the smell of urine". A good day is 1-2. A bad day, 4-5. I guess I should be glad I don't live in Paris anymore where I am sure the copious amounts of dog poop on the sidewalk must assault pregnant woman by the minute.
Hearing. Hmm, do I hear Italian cookies calling?
Touch. Now this is one I haven't read in the books, but my skin seems super sensitive these days. Every tag annoys the heck out of me and any clothes with wool drive me crazy. I guess it could be the stretching skin itching, and I am just perceiving it to be the clothes.
Sight. Does it count if I say the sight of my growing belly freaks me out? Because it does!
My good thing about NYC today is the coffee shop cafes that are all over. Not Starbucks, but cute little hole in the wall cafes where you get the flavor of the neighborhood. The one across the street from our apartment is owned by an Italian. So you know what I can get there....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home