A Double Couples Baby Shower

It has been baby party central lately. Two weeks ago I had my first shower in Atlanta with my family and friends from home. I'll write all about that when I get the pictures back - but suffice it to say, it was a WONDERFUL time. More on that party later....
This weekend, Natalie, Jim, Gerald and I hosted a Double Couples Baby Shower for each other at our place. For those of you who don't know already, Nathalie is prego also, due in December. Since our due dates are so close, the hectic holiday schedules are almost upon us, and we have alot of mutual friends, we decided to throw one big party to celebrate our babies to be! And we made it a couple's party so the boys could enjoy some of the fun. I think a good time was had by all, and we both got some adorable baby stuff. We featured an autumn spread complete with two varieties of chili, corn bread, biscuits with apple butter (homemade - trying to get rid of all the apples from Gerald and I's trip to the orchard), apple/walnut/blue cheese salad, apple cider (noticing an apple trend?), fall beers, and a pumpkin roll for dessert with cream cheese filling (grandma's recipe and quite delicious if I do say so myself).
A few comments on my outfit: 1) I am sporting some AWESOME earnings that Gerald brought back from India; he did a fabulous job picking out requested "authentic, big, indian, jewelry". 2) My shirt is actually black and not see through at all, but the flash betrayed me. I am only showing this so you can see the belly development. 3) More than a couple people commented that only in NYC would you find 2 women in their 3rd trimester with 3 inch heels on. I say, not true. I know some of you girls in Atlanta, Chicago, etc would be doing the same :)
Here is a pic of my centerpiece of which I was quite proud; I had all sorts of gourds and pine cones running down the center of the table with votives nestled in between, and the arrangement was berries and eucalyptus. I took the photo the day afterward so you aren't really getting the effect without the candles and food (and a couple of the squash gourds are missing because we ate them for dinner on Sunday), but you can envision it can't you?
And here is the only other picture I got the night of the party. Me, Brandie and Shareese:
And here is a picture to prove that Gerald and I really did pick all those apples that were served! They came straight from Barton Orchards about 60 miles up the Hudson Valley. And we followed up apple picking with my favorite activity, antiquing, in several small towns further up the Hudson. It was a wonderful fall day.


1 Comments:
At 3:21 PM,
Unknown said…
I can attest to women in New England in 3rd trimester and 3" heels as well! I wore them right down to the end with both boys, even when Tyler was 11 days late!
Post a Comment
<< Home