Dreams (or should I say nightmares!)
One crazy thing about pregnancy is all the kooky dreams you have. Here is my running list of wacked out dreams, centered around recurring themes:
1) Bad Mother Dreams - in these lovely montages, I am doing all sorts of things that mothers shouldn't do. An example: taking baby to a rock concert out in some field, dragging it around all day while drinking, dancing, and generally not paying any attention to the baby.
2) Bad Father/Husband Dreams - I have had several of these and in most of them, Gerald is having an affair or leaves me. In one, he is has fathered another child. The woman is pregnant at the same time I am, so Gerald is constantly telling me he has to go spend time with her, and he even knits her baby some booties! Ha! In another one, he is a heavy drug user and into all sorts of criminal activity, and he ends up setting our house on fire (woke up before finding out if we all got out ok.)
3) Bad Baby Dreams - Does anyone watch the Family Guy? Well, in my worst bad baby dream, I have Stuie. For those who don't know this animated show, Stuie is an insolent baby who hates his mother because she forced her out of her womb which was nice an cozy. In the dream, the baby keeps telling me off, and I just keep saying, "but baby, you aren't supposed to talk like that - you're just a baby!"
4) Labor Dreams - the most recent dream I had was that I gave birth one night on the couch while Gerald and I were watching TV. All of a sudden, I look down and there is the head just poking out. So I say to Gerald casually, "hey, look, can you just pull this baby out the rest of the way?" and so he does. And voila! I have a baby. No pain, no muss, no fuss. I think I am in for a rude awakening. In another labor dream, I give birth to what looks like a one year old baby.
So thats the list. Not pleasant huh. Supposedly this is normal, and I am not completely crazy.
1) Bad Mother Dreams - in these lovely montages, I am doing all sorts of things that mothers shouldn't do. An example: taking baby to a rock concert out in some field, dragging it around all day while drinking, dancing, and generally not paying any attention to the baby.
2) Bad Father/Husband Dreams - I have had several of these and in most of them, Gerald is having an affair or leaves me. In one, he is has fathered another child. The woman is pregnant at the same time I am, so Gerald is constantly telling me he has to go spend time with her, and he even knits her baby some booties! Ha! In another one, he is a heavy drug user and into all sorts of criminal activity, and he ends up setting our house on fire (woke up before finding out if we all got out ok.)
3) Bad Baby Dreams - Does anyone watch the Family Guy? Well, in my worst bad baby dream, I have Stuie. For those who don't know this animated show, Stuie is an insolent baby who hates his mother because she forced her out of her womb which was nice an cozy. In the dream, the baby keeps telling me off, and I just keep saying, "but baby, you aren't supposed to talk like that - you're just a baby!"
4) Labor Dreams - the most recent dream I had was that I gave birth one night on the couch while Gerald and I were watching TV. All of a sudden, I look down and there is the head just poking out. So I say to Gerald casually, "hey, look, can you just pull this baby out the rest of the way?" and so he does. And voila! I have a baby. No pain, no muss, no fuss. I think I am in for a rude awakening. In another labor dream, I give birth to what looks like a one year old baby.
So thats the list. Not pleasant huh. Supposedly this is normal, and I am not completely crazy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home