I Love My Girls
Two weeks ago I went home to Atlanta for a baby shower hosted by my two sisters who still live in the vicinity, Keeka and Karin, as well as my two oldest friends, Kelly and M'nell.
The weekend started with a family reunion of sorts Friday night. Karin picked me up at the airport, and we went directly to Houstons for dinner where mom and keek were already having cocktails. Then it was like an old fashioned pajama party back at the hotel since we all shared a room. It was the normal family event for us: talking, talking, talking about every topic under the sun until we lose our voices or fall asleep mid-sentence. Nothing beats it.
Saturday morning was the shower. It was a most wonderful time celebrating with my family and closest friends. I got to see some of my pseudo mom's from growing up, Terry and Evie, at whose homes I spent many many hours over the course of my childhood/adolescence as well as some of my friends from college years, Robin, Shannon, and Tara. The guests were asked to guess the sex of the baby and all the decor was centered around that concept - down to the favors which were a choice of pink or blue jelly bellies in a baby bottle - it was too cute!
After the shower, mom, keek and I spent several hours scouring the textile outlets for fabrics for the nursery. We found some fabulous options for boy or girl. I am now dieing to know what we are having; but we don't really need all the stuff until we move to Boston and have a proper nursery anyway, so I guess I can hold out.
Then on Sunday, mom, KT and I went maternity clothes shopping. It was just like the good old days of high school with me and Kel switching in and out of the dressing room, and mom sitting outside with a pile in her lap, critiquing each presentation. It was great fun laughing at some of the more unflattering items which of course I ended up modeling for the entire store. Just plain good times.
All in all it was a wonderful wonderful weekend. I am so thankful for my family and friends - I wish we lived closer to one another so we could have times like these together more often!
Some photos from the weekend(the only ones that came out nicely)






The weekend started with a family reunion of sorts Friday night. Karin picked me up at the airport, and we went directly to Houstons for dinner where mom and keek were already having cocktails. Then it was like an old fashioned pajama party back at the hotel since we all shared a room. It was the normal family event for us: talking, talking, talking about every topic under the sun until we lose our voices or fall asleep mid-sentence. Nothing beats it.
Saturday morning was the shower. It was a most wonderful time celebrating with my family and closest friends. I got to see some of my pseudo mom's from growing up, Terry and Evie, at whose homes I spent many many hours over the course of my childhood/adolescence as well as some of my friends from college years, Robin, Shannon, and Tara. The guests were asked to guess the sex of the baby and all the decor was centered around that concept - down to the favors which were a choice of pink or blue jelly bellies in a baby bottle - it was too cute!
After the shower, mom, keek and I spent several hours scouring the textile outlets for fabrics for the nursery. We found some fabulous options for boy or girl. I am now dieing to know what we are having; but we don't really need all the stuff until we move to Boston and have a proper nursery anyway, so I guess I can hold out.
Then on Sunday, mom, KT and I went maternity clothes shopping. It was just like the good old days of high school with me and Kel switching in and out of the dressing room, and mom sitting outside with a pile in her lap, critiquing each presentation. It was great fun laughing at some of the more unflattering items which of course I ended up modeling for the entire store. Just plain good times.
All in all it was a wonderful wonderful weekend. I am so thankful for my family and friends - I wish we lived closer to one another so we could have times like these together more often!
Some photos from the weekend(the only ones that came out nicely)








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home